I am a lover of all things Mexican inspired! Taco Tuesday does not exist in my house, because we have Tacos any day of the week and sometimes twice in a week (don’t judge me). I created this dish for a little something different to add into the Taco night mix. You can simply layer this into your tortilla or use it as a base for a light taco salad.
Okay, so seriously I love tacos. Tacos are a very tight running in first along with pizza. It actually kind of breaks my heart that my sons are not fully on board yet. Samuel will eat a deconstructed taco with tortilla chips, and Shane will tolerate a cheese quesadilla. Hey, we can’t have it all right?
This is another easy, simple and clean recipe that you toss into one bowl and you are all set. All you need is less than 10 minutes and the ingredients listed below.
I start by adding a 12 oz bag of organic broccoli slaw to a mixing bowl. I will then chop the green onion, cilantro, and peppers. Then, toss in the mayo, chopped veggies, cilantro and salt. Lastly, juice 2 limes and toss it all together until nicely combined. I will let it sit in the fridge while I prep the taco meat, etc. to let the flavors sit together. You can also make this on your meal prep day, and it will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days in an air tight container.
Cilantro Lime Broccoli Salad
- 12 oz bag of organic broccoli slaw
- 1/3 cup of mayo (I recommend using Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayo for a Keto, Whole 30 and Paleo approved option)
- 1/3 cup of chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup of chopped peppers
- 2 small limes (juiced)
- 1 tsp of salt
- Empty the bag of broccoli slaw into a medium sized mixing bowl
- Add in mayo, green onions, cilantro, peppers, lime juice, and salt
- Mix until fully combined