Hey there, fellow bacon lovers! If you love sweet potatoes and bacon then this is a no brainer. This is a great recipe to serve up as an appetizer or a side dish to lunch or dinner. This could even be a great addition to a brunch! Whatever the occasion, I hope you enjoy these gluten free and Paleo friendly Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potato Wedges!Jump to Recipe
I have to admit that I love bacon. A good quality piece of bacon can brighten up any dish. I use sugar free bacon, and the brands I trust are Butcher Box, Apple Gate, and Nature’s Rancher. I routinely get all of my meats delivered from Butcher Box, and every so often I add in a package or two.
I created my Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potato Wedges recipe shortly after I shared my Bacon Wrapped Dates recipe. Do you see a trend here? Both of these dishes can be served as an appetizer or a side dish for a delicious lunch, dinner, or brunch! I will even make these and put them on top of my salads.
The key to making this dish is to cut the sweet potato into wedges that are uniform is size, so that the cut pieces of bacon will wrap around them perfectly. Once they are wrapped then place them seam side down onto the baking sheet. I roasted mine in the 25-30 minute range, but keep an eye on yours as all ovens are different. As long as you get a nice crisp on the bacon you will be good to go! Enjoy!
Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potato Wedges
- 16 slices of Paleo friendly bacon (cut in half) I use Nature's Rancher or Apple Gate
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into wedges
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and line a large baking sheet or two small baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss the cut potato wedges with the melted coconut oil, chopped rosemary, sea salt, and coconut flour until evenly coated
- Wrap each wedge with bacon and place seam side down onto the baking sheet. Repeat this process until each wedge is wrapped with bacon.
- Roast the wedges in the oven for about 25-30 minutes until the potatoes and bacon are crisp to your liking
- When done place the wedges on a large plate lined with paper towels to cool, and transfer to a serving dish when ready to eat. Enjoy!