Are you looking for a healthy dessert or snack that packs in the nutrients and satisfies your sweet tooth? Then you will love these Carrot Cake Bites. These are simple to make and have a simple list of clean ingredients that are paleo friendly and gluten free.Jump to Recipe
Spring time is calling, and so is everything carrot cake. These energy bites are fabulous to make for a dessert or snack. I’ll keep these in the fridge for a bridge snack between meals or enjoy one after dinner. My husband will pack these energy bites in his lunch in exchange for a protein bar.
I love how easy these are to make. Just pop everything into the food processor, pulse, roll into bites, roll into shredded coconut, and you are good to go. The whole process takes no longer than 10 minutes. These will stay good in the fridge for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.
Carrot Cake Bites
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup raw, unsalted pecans
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor, and blend until a dough forms.
- Scoop out generous spoonfuls and roll into balls.
- Optional to roll them into unsweetened, shredded coconut.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks, or you can freeze for up to 3 months.