If you are a fan of chocolate covered strawberries then you will love this bites recipe. This is the perfect grab and go snack that will fuel you up with energy and satisfy your sweet tooth all at the same time. You will find it hard to have just one! This recipe is paleo, grain, dairy and gluten free.
There is something very satisfying about chocolate covered strawberries. The sweetness from the berries and the subtle hint of chocolate is out of this world. I love having these as a snack in the fridge during the week. Often times when I am on the hunt for a clean snack bar it can be difficult to find an option that is simple and clean. Lately, I have found pleasure in knowing exactly what I am eating, and knowing that it wasn’t prepared in a far off distant factory. Don’t get me wrong I am not the perfect eater, but when I have the opportunity to make something homemade that is minimal time and effort I go all in.
For my bites recipes they all kind go the same way in terms of preparation. You place the dates, cashews, vanilla extract, almonds, and maple syrup into the food processor and pulse it about 10 times. Then, I add in the unsweetened freeze dried strawberries, and let it go until a ball of dough forms. Once the mixture is good to go you will use a cookie scooper or a spoon to scoop out generous spoonfuls and roll them into balls. Place them onto a plate or cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Once the bites are all formed (you should get about 16 from this recipe) then you will prepare the chocolate. Simply, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe dish and stir every 30 seconds until it is completely melted. Take a spoon and drizzle the chocolate evenly across all of the bites. Pop the bites into the fridge and let the chocolate harden for about 30 minutes. Then you can serve them or transfer them to an airtight container, and they will stay good in the fridge for up to 1 week or you can freeze them for up to 3 months and take them out as needed for a nice sweet treat.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Bites
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened freeze dried strawberries
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (Hu gems are recommended for a Paleo and dairy free option)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a food processor add the dates, cashews, almonds, vanilla, and maple syrup and pulse 10 times
- Add in the strawberries and let it process until a ball of dough has formed
- Scoop out generous spoonfuls and roll into balls, and place them onto a baking sheet or plate lined with parchment paper
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe dish while stirring every 30 seconds
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the bites evenly
- Place the bites into the fridge and let the chocolate harden for 30 minutes
- Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container. These can stay in the fridge for up to 1 week for maximum freshness or put them in the freezer for up to 3 months.