Give me apple pie and apple crisp anything. I love the crisp apple taste blended with the warming spices of cinnamon and nutmeg. My Apple Pie Bites recipe will be sure to hit the spot for when you get a craving for fall or anything apple. These are gluten free, dairy free, and paleo friendly!Jump to Recipe
I love making any of my bites recipes to keep on hand for my family. They are a clean and healthy snack to pack for after school commitments, hikes, or just to dig into when we need a little energy boost throughout the day. These are a great alternative to conventional snack and breakfast bars you find at most food stores. I am always a fan of a simple ingredient list that you don’t have to hem and haw about.
Like most of my recipes, the instructions are very minimal. All you have to do is toss all of the ingredients listed below into a food processor, and let it go until a ball of dough forms. The dough will be a bit sticky, but that is from the natural creaminess of the nuts, dates, and soft-dried apples. I find my soft-dried apples at Whole Foods, and all that is inside are apples and water. I have not tried this recipe with the more commonly found dried, crunchy apple slices, so I don’t know if that will be a good substitute.
Whenever I make apple crisp or pie recipes I always put some lemon inside. The citrus brings a nice little something to all apple flavored things. In most of my baking recipes I usually add cinnamon and nutmeg. These two spices play off of each other nicely. I hope you enjoy these little bites as much as we do.
Apple Pie Bites
- 1 cup dates
- 1/2 cup soft-dried (unsweetened) apple slices
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened raisins
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Toss all of the ingredients into a food processor, and turn it on to blend until a ball of dough forms
- Use a spoon or a small ice cream scooper to gather the dough, and then roll into bite sized balls
- Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1-2 weeks for optimal freshness.