Dig into this delicious and nutritious Roasted Kale Caesar Salad. This salad is beautifully balanced with protein, greens, fiber, and healthy fats to keep you satisfied and fueled up for the day. This recipe is Paleo, Keto, dairy free and gluten free friendly. Enjoy!Jump to Recipe
Caesar salad is by far my favorite. I love recreating this classic any chance I get. Now that Costco sells Primal Kitchen’s Caesar Salad Dressing this will be a frequent flyer in my home. Seriously, if you have not tried Primal Kitchen’s salad dressings and marinades you need to go ASAP to your nearest Whole Foods, Target, or Costco. Everything they make is out of this world.
My favorite part about this recipe is that it is so straight forward. No hemming and hawing about if you have enough time to make it, and the ingredients are convenient to find at a local store. Nothing is worse than finding a recipe you love, and then you have to buy a laundry list of ingredients you will likely never use again. This serves about 2-3 people, and makes a great addition to your week night routine or to serve at your next dinner party. This is a great light lunch as well!
Roasted Kale Caesar Salad
- 1 bunch kale washed, torn from the stem, and torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb Brussel Sprouts quartered
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 slices precooked Paleo friendly bacon, chopped
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 1/2 large shallot, diced
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- Caesar Salad Dressing Primal Kitchen is Keto & Paleo compliant
- sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Toss the Brussel Sprouts with 1 tbsp avocado oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Roast in the oven for 8 minutes.
- While the sprouts are roasting, prepare the kale. Massage the torn kale with 1 tbsp avocado oil and sprinkle with sea salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Spread the kale over the Brussel Sprouts and roast together for an additional 4 minutes
- While the veggies are roasting, place the diced shallot, pine nuts and bacon in a pan and toast over medium heat until fragrant and the pine nuts are golden brown
- When everything is done, layer in the roasted veggies, toasted nuts, shallot, bacon, chicken, and drizzle with Caesar dressing. Enjoy!