Needing an easy and healthy dinner option? This recipe takes less than 20 minutes, and tastes out of this world. Eating healthy does not need to complicated. Dig into this Paleo and Keto friendly dish any night of the week!Jump to Recipe
I love a fast and easy dinner option to keep in my back pocket for those busy weeknights that seem to creep up on us all too easy. I frequently make this dish when I am short on time. This has a healthy blend of healthy fats, fiber, greens, and protein to keep you fueled and well balanced.
The roasted tomatoes and asparagus add a little something special to the dish with loads of nutrients. A quick roast in the oven with some avocado oil and sea salt is all you need. For the shrimp I use Whole Food’s frozen wild shrimp for a convienent option, but fresh is always glorious as well. I try to purchase wild caught seafood versus farm raised. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. Let me know what you think below.
Roasted Asparagus & Tomato Shrimp Scampi
- 1 bunch of organic asparagus stalks, trimmed
- 8 Campari tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- sea salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 8 oz wild frozen shrimp
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter or substitue for ghee for paleo
- 1 cup frozen broccoli
- 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon
- sea salt
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tsp fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 package of Natural Heaven's Hearts of Palm Pasta
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Toss the asparagus and tomatoes with avocado oil, sea salt, and onion powder on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Roast for 14 minutes.
- Add the butter and garlic to a large frying pan over medium heat and saute until fragrant.
- Add the broccoli, shrimp, lemon, red pepper flakes, oregano, basil, and a sprinkle of sea salt, and saute until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and add the Hearts of Palm Pasta to the pan, and toss until warmed through and well combined.
- Top the scampi with the roasted veggies, and garnish with additional fresh basil and lemon wedges. Enjoy!