I love an easy dessert recipe. For this recipe I use Simple Mills Brownie and Chocolate Chip Cookie mixes for an easy dessert option for when I am short on time. This recipe is gluten free and full of soft baked goodness!Jump to Recipe
Simple Mills is a great brand that is gluten free and uses whole ingredients. I love that my children enjoy these, because I don’t have to worry about artificial ingredients that are commonly found in packaged snacks. I also enjoy that this company makes healthy baked goods within reach of people. You can find these mixes at Target and Whole Foods, among other retailers. You can also visit their website to check out all of the amazing products they have.
I make both of the mixes to the package’s directions, however for the cooking fat I sub in coconut oil. I am a lover of coconut oil, and pretty much use that and avocado oil exclusively as my cooking fats of choice in mostly all of my recipes. I think the coconut oil also gives it a creamy light texture.
I simply line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and prepare both mixes. I layer on the brownie mix and then drizzle on 1/4 cup of peanut butter before I drop tablespoons of the cookie dough throughout for the top layer. For soft baked goodness I bake mine on the 25 minute mark, but if you want them more solid you may need to bake them longer, just keep an eye out.
Easy Simple Mills Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Brownies
- 1 package of Simple Mills Brownies prepared to the directions, but sub in coconut oil
- 1 package of Simple Mills Chocolate Chip Cookies prepared to the directions, but sub in coconut oil
- 1/4 cup nut butter (I use Peanut Butter)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, and line a square 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper
- Pour the brownie mix onto the bottom layer and spread out evenly
- Drizzle the nut butter throughout the pan evenly
- Drop generous spoonfuls of the cookie dough on top, and scatter evenly throughout the pan
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. I like mine soft baked, so I stay on the 25 minute side of things.
- Cool completely before slicing and serving.