Needing a simple yet vibrant salad for dinner, lunch or get together? This Caesar Salad with Seared Romaine will turn heads, and have people grabbing for second and thirds. This recipe is gluten, dairy, Keto and Paleo friendly! Dig in!Jump to Recipe
Caesar salad is by far my favorite salad. I have to be honest I use Primal Kitchen’s Caesar dressing in almost every salad I make. I love that the dressing is Keto and Paleo friendly, but most of all that it is dairy free. When I completed the Inflammation Spectrum by Dr. Will Cole, I definitely realized I do not tolerate dairy well. So, I always enjoy finding delicious dairy free options that often times taste better than the real thing. Love it.
You can find Primal Kitchen items at a lot of retailers these days such as Target and Whole Foods. You can also stock up on some really amazing bundle packages on their website. For the chicken and bacon I use Butcher Box, which has amazing meats that are delivered right to your door step. I have never looked back once I started using their service. Their animals are raised humanely, and they use ethical practices across the board.
I love making this salad for an easy dinner during the week. I also make this for fun lunches on the weekend. I will also increase the ingredients and make a large platter to serve at get togethers. I think the seared Romaine really gives it a nice edge, and the nutty pine nuts add some depth to the flavors. All-in-all this is a delicious and healthy addition into your line up of meals. I hope you enjoy!
Caesar Salad With Seared Romaine
- 2 whole Romaine hearts
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp Adobo seasoning *I use Frontier Co-Op brand
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup raw, unsalted pine nuts
- 4 slices of bacon
- sea salt
- Primal Kitchen Caesar Salad Dressing *Or your dressing of choice
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- On one baking sheet place the chicken breasts down and season with 1 tbsp of avocado oil and the Adobo seasoning. Bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
- During the last 15 minutes of the chicken's cooking time, scatter the grape tomatoes throughout the pan. Return the pan into the oven until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Place the 4 slices of bacon onto the second baking sheet, and add it into the oven to crisp during the last 10 minutes of the chicken's cooking time. Cook until the bacon is crisp to your liking.
- Toss the pine nuts into a small frying pan and toast them over medium heat. Stir the nuts frequently to avoid burning. Remove from the heat once golden brown and fragrant.
- While the chicken and bacon are cooling, heat a skillet over medium heat and add the remaining avocado oil in.
- Cut the Romaine hearts in half (length wise). Place the Romaine hearts (2 at a time) flat side down onto the skillet and sear 1 minute each side while sprinkling sea salt on top. Repeat this step for the last 2 Romaine hearts.
- Layer the seared lettuce on the plate, and top with the chopped chicken, tomatoes, bacon, and toasted pine nuts. Evenly drizzle the Caesar dressing ontop and garnish with lemon wedges. Enjoy!