Need a vegetable based appetizer, or a side dish for a dinner party or a nice night in? My Roasted Cauliflower & Cashew Chimichurri is out of this world. This recipe is Keto, Paleo, and gluten free. Dig into this simple dish that will please everyone around the table.Jump to Recipe
Cauliflower is an amazing vegetable that is so versatile either as florets or rice. Cauliflower is a great low carb but fibrous option to add into many Keto and Paleo approved meals. Cauliflower is a great anti-inflammatory vegetable that is rich in antioxidants, Vitamins K and C.
I have to admit that years back I was not a fan of roasted vegetables. Fast forward about 10 years and I have roasted vegetables multiple times a week. I frequently make sheet pan dinners, or I roast a ton of vegetables to meal prep for quick meals for the upcoming week. The process is just too easy, and the roasted flavors is delicious. I also enjoy the texture that comes along with crispness.
This is great as a side dish to grilled chicken or steak, or you can serve it as an appetizer. It is best to serve while the cauliflower is still warm, but I have had it cold as well and it still tastes amazing. You will most likely have some leftover sauce, but you can save it and use it as a topping for your next taco night. I hope you enjoy this light dish as much as I do!
Roasted Cauliflower & Cashew Chimichurri
- 1 head of cauliflower chopped into bite size florets
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Whisk together the avocado oil, onion and garlic powders, paprika and salt
- Drizzle the oil mixture onto the chopped cauliflower florets and toss until evenly coated
- Roast the cauliflower for 12-14 minutes until crisp to your preference
- Place all of the sauce ingredients into a food processor, and process until the mixture is smooth
- Serve the roasted cauliflower alongside the Chimichurri sauce for dipping. Enjoy!