I love a good maple and pecan combo! Pair this combination with a splash of protein and the texture of raw pecans, and you have yourself an amazing snack that will reenergize you for the morning or afternoon slump. This recipe is gluten free, and will have you asking for seconds!Jump to Recipe
I typically have a variation of my bites recipes on hand for my kids or husband to grab and go for a healthy snack. For this recipe I wanted something with warm tones, so I paired maple syrup, almond extract, and chopped pecans together. To make this a well rounded snack I used healthy fat from the raw nuts and a chocolate protein powder. The brands of protein powder I use are Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel, Tone It Up, and Ancient Nutrition.
Of course I had to bust out my food processor (again) for this easy recipe. Seriously, what is better than a food processor? The dough will be a bit sticky from the maple syrup, but this will allow for the remaining 1/4 cup of chopped pecans to stick and roll into the dough at the end for some added texture. I recommend storing these in your refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1-2 weeks for optimal freshness. One batch makes 7 bites, so they will most likely be gone within the week. I hope you enjoy these goodies as much as we do!
Maple Pecan Protein Bites
- 1 1/4 cup raw, unsalted pecans (chopped)
- 2 tbsp chocolate protein powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 5 pitted dates
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp chopped dark chocolate
- Toss 1 cup of the chopped pecans, chocolate protein powder, maple syrup, dates, almond extract, and sea salt into a food processor and process until a ball of dough forms.
- Fold in the chopped pieces of dark chocolate
- Using a tablespoon or ice cream scooper separate the dough into 7 balls. Then, roll each ball into the remaining 1/4 cup of chopped pecans. Keep rolling the balls to combine the chopped nuts.
- Place the bites into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. Enjoy!