Granola is a frequently used item in my house, and so are desserts. So, this recipe was created to be a base for desserts, snacks, and breakfasts throughout the week. You can easily fill these with yogurt, nut butter, ice cream, or use them as a fun topper to a yogurt bowl. My Paleo Granola Cups are Paleo friendly and gluten free!Jump to Recipe
My son Shane will have granola on top of his ice cream and yogurt all of the time. In fact, if you are going to offer him yogurt then you should check to make sure you have granola first. I will use this recipe or my Spiced Grain-Free Granola Recipe for the young man. My son Samuel will eat these plain. As you can tell my children are opposites. Sammy is slowly developing a sweet tooth as time goes on. Some mornings he will just ask for a cucumber, and while these granola cups are delicious I don’t know how well they would pair with chopped vegetables, you know what I mean?
These are super simple to make and take about 20 minutes from beginning to end. Of course, there is a food processor involved, because it makes for a super easy recipe. The tricky part will be pressing the dough into the muffin tins. Don’t worry I have tested this recipe out a few times, so here is my tip: use your fingers to press the dough in and up along the edges of the muffin liner. If you can do that, then this is going to be easy breezy for you.
These will need to cool completely before you remove the muffin liners. I simply remove the cups from the muffin tin, and then place them into the fridge for about 10 minutes until completely cooled. Then you gently peel away the liner. I store my granola cups in my refrigerator in an air tight container for up to 5 days. You can also freeze these too. Simply, take them out to thaw for about 5-10 minutes before serving, and stuff them with ice cream as a dessert. The options are limitless! I hope you enjoy these!
Paleo Granola Cups
- 1/4 cup unsalted sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line a muffin tin with 12 liners
- Combine all of the ingredients into a food processor, and process until a smooth dough forms
- Distribute the dough evenly amongst all 12 tins (about a generous tablespoon each)
- Press the dough down and up along the edges of the muffin tins, so that a cup is formed
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven, press into the middle of each cup with a tablespoon or a small cylindrical item, and return to the oven for another 5 minutes until golden brown
- Remove the granola cups from the muffin tin, and allow to completely cool before removing the liners
- Stuff with ice cream, yogurt, fresh fruit, or use as them as a topper to a yogurt or smoothie bowl. Enjoy!