If you are a lover of hummus then you will love this dip. My Roasted Cauliflower Dip is gluten free and paleo friendly. Serve this at your next dinner party or cookout for a light appetizer with lots of flavor!Jump to Recipe
I love hummus, but when I started looking at the labels of common brands found at the grocery store I decided I wanted to trial making my own recipe that is simple and clean. Lately, I have been following a Paleo type diet in prep for starting Dr. Will Cole’s Inflammation Spectrum program. I love cauliflower, and I always have a few bags of fresh and frozen florets on hand. Cauliflower is a great vegetable that is full of anti-inflammatory compounds.
I will serve this dip with raw vegetables, gluten free crackers such as Flackers or SimpleMills, and/or beet chips. I love making beet chips, and I imagine I would like it more if I had an air fryer. To make the chips, I wash and thinly slice the beets. Then, I line them on top of a nonstick wire baking rack placed on top of a baking sheet. I’ll lightly brush the beets with avocado oil on both sides and sprinkle them with sea salt. I’ll roast them at 400 degrees for about 18-20 minutes, while turning them halfway through. Once they are crisp take them out, and let them cool before serving with the dip.
Roasted Cauliflower Dip
- 16 oz bag of frozen organic cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 whole garlic cloves (peel still on)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place the cauliflower and whole garlic cloves onto the baking sheet, and then toss with avocado oil, paprika and salt until evenly seasoned.
- Roast the cauliflower for 12 minutes
- Place the cauliflower, garlic cloves (removed from the skin), lemon juice, cashews, oregano, cumin, and parsley into a food processor and turn it on. While the ingredients are being processed slowly add in the olive oil, and let it go until the mixture is nice and smooth.
- Serve immediately or store it in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days for optimal freshness.