Calling all chocolate lovers who crave dessert after a meal, but need something clean and healthy to have on hand. This grab and go snack or dessert is simple to make, and nice to have for when your chocolate cravings strike. These can be made dairy free, gluten free and paleo friendly.
Have you ever had the Trader Joe’s chocolate covered strawberries? Oh my goodness. They are amazing, but a little pricey for what you get. I made this recipe to have on hand for a quick treat after a meal. I love how light and clean these are.
I love the touch of yogurt for these for a little subtle sweetness. For the yogurt I use Forager and Kite Hill brands for a dairy free option. If you can tolerate regular or Greek yogurt then I would recommend a plain or vanilla flavor to nicely compliment the chocolate and fruit. You can also totally omit the yogurt as well. Whatever floats your boat, and suits your dietary needs.
Yogurt & Chocolate Covered Berries
- 3/4 cup dairy free yogurt
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate*
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 package of organic strawberries
- 1 package of organic blueberries
- Line a baking sheet or two large plates with parchment paper (make sure they will fit into your freezer)
- Wash and pat the berries dry
- Use a toothpick or fork to dip the blueberries into the yogurt
- Slice the strawberries and spread the yogurt on top
- Freeze the fruit for 30 minutes
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe dish, while stirring every 30 seconds until smooth
- Use a fork or toothpick and dip the blueberries into the chocolate and separate onto the parchment paper lined dish. Place back into the freezer for an additional 30 minutes.
- Use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate on top of the strawberries, and return to the freezer for another 30 minutes
- Once the chocolate is hardened, serve, and enjoy! Store in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 1 month for optimal freshness.