Jump to Recipe
Are you looking for a little jazz to add into your morning breakfast routine, or a post workout recharge? Then, you will adore this smoothie bowl. Enjoy this gluten free treat that has a lovely blend of vanilla, blueberry, and almond that will keep you fueled to handle the day ahead.
I am a lover of almond anything. This smoothie balances the almond flavors with the subtle taste of vanilla from the protein powder and wild blueberries. Toasted almonds always seem to add a little flare to dishes, and this smoothie bowl is no different. The beautiful texture of the toasted almonds, and the creamy almond butter taste in the smoothie are sensational.
Almonds have so many health benefits, such as reducing the risk for heart disease, supporting healthy brain function, nourishing skin, and balancing blood sugar levels. Almonds are also a great source of healthy fat and fiber to incorporate into your diet for increased satiety, which aids in healthy weight loss. This is a great post-workout snack, or a morning breakfast treat. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!
Vanilla & Blueberry Toasted Almond Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder*
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 tbsp raw unsalted almond slices, toasted
- 1/4 cup frozen wild blueberries, thawed
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 1 tsp hempseeds
- 2 tsp almond butter
- Toss the almond slices in a nonstick pan over medium to high heat until golden down, and then set aside.
- Blend all of the ingredients (except for the toppings) in a high speed blender until combined.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl, and top with the listed ingredients. Enjoy!