These peanut butter and chocolate covered beauties will satisfy any sweet tooth lurking around your kitchen hunting for a tasty dessert. Have these on hand for the chocolate or peanut butter cup lover in your life for a clean and simple dessert. This dessert recipe is a satisfying gluten free and dairy free dessert.Jump to Recipe
Is there anything better than the combination of peanut butter and chocolate? These chocolate covered bananas are a smash hit in my house, and often times when I am making them my sons will grab them before I even drizzle the chocolate on top. Whenever I went to Trader Joe’s I would grab their chocolate covered bananas, and recently I decided to make my own version.
These are super clean and easy to make. I tend to double the recipe, because this is something everyone in my house eats and they disappear quickly. Nothing makes me happier than seeing my kids enjoy a dessert I know is healthy and has a short list of ingredients. I also like that these are low maintenance and take next to no time to make. These will be adored by your family and friends, adults and kids alike.
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas
- 1 banana, sliced into pieces
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate *
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- Line a baking dish or plate with parchment paper. Make sure it will fit into your freezer.
- Place the banana slices onto the parchment paper and spread generous amounts of nut butter on top
- Freeze the bananas for 30 minutes
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe dish for 30 seconds. Stir every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Use a toothpick or fork to dip the bananas into the chocolate and place them back onto the dish or plate.
- Freeze the bananas for another 30 minutes.
- Store in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 1 month for optimal freshness. Enjoy!
* Another dairy free chocolate chip option is Enjoy Life