Need a little bit of energy in the morning to tackle the day ahead, or a post workout smoothie? Then you will love this cold brew smoothie bowl that has a beautiful blend of chocolate and coffee. This is gluten free, dairy free, and it is paleo and Keto friendly.Jump to Recipe
Sometimes after a morning workout I can’t decide what to have first. Do I grab the coffee, or make a smoothie? This smoothie bowl hits both spots, while only needing my effort to make one when I am in a pinch. I also love making this on the weekends when I have the luxury of time to sit down and enjoy a little treat to start my day.
I used Tone It Up protein powder for this bowl, but whatever chocolate protein powder you prefer will work. Just be mindful of the ingredients, because there are a lot of brands that use a substantial amount of unnecessary fillers. For the cold brew I sometimes grab one from the grocery store or make a quick cup of coffee the night before, and store it in a mason jar for the next day. Cheers to a good morning! It’s a good day, for a good day.
Cold Brew Protein Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup nut milk
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 serving chocolate protein powder
- 1 scoop unflavored collagen peptides
- 1/4 cup cold brew coffee
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 2 tsp cacao nibs
- 1 tsp hemp seeds
- 2 tsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- Add all of the smoothie ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until combined. Depending on your protein powder portion you may need to add more water, however do so in small increments so it’s thick enough to eat with a spoon.
- Pour the thickened smoothie into a bowl.
- Top with banana slices, cacao nibs, hemp seeds and shredded coconut. I always add a drizzle more of nut butter on top, because, why not?