Are you looking for a twist to add into your Taco Tuesday rotation? These are amazing vegetable based tacos that will please everyone at the table, including the meat lovers. The Romesco sauce adds a little something special while keeping this dish gluten free and Paleo friendly.Jump to Recipe
My favorite local taco spot has amazing vegetable based taco options such as mushrooms and cauliflower. I order one of each every time we go, because I just can’t resist the flavors. I recreated the mushroom taco in my Chicken & Mushroom Taco recipe, and I definitely challenged myself to recreate the cauliflower tacos well.
Don’t be intimidated by Romesco sauce. I was when I heard of it, and thought that I was in way over my head. However, I played with the ingredients, and I finally landed on the money spot with this recipe. This sauce brings everything together with the subtle tomato taste mixed with the toasted almonds and roasted peppers. My goodness, you will love this. I have leftovers when I make this, and I find myself adding it to anything I can. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
Cauliflower Tacos With Romesco Sauce
- 10 oz package of organic cauliflower florets
- 2 poblano peppers, sliced thin
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted almond slices, toasted
- 3/4 cup jarred, roasted red peppers (removed from juice)
- 1 whole garlic clove
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 6 grain free tortillas (I recommend Siete’s almond flour tortillas)
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1/3 cup raw unsalted almond slices, toasted
- 3 limes
- 1/2 cup radishes, sliced thin
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Add the cauliflower, peppers, and onions to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle the vegetables with avocado oil, paprika, and salt. Toss evenly until evenly coated.
- Roast for 15 minutes
- Over medium heat, toss the 1/2 cup of almonds in a nonstick pan until golden brown
- Add all of the sauce ingredients (except for the oil) into a food processor and pulse until well combined and smooth. I like mine with texture, so I let it go for no more than 10-15 seconds.
- Pour the sauce into a small bowl, and mix in the avocado oil until well combined.
- Toast the tortillas over the burner of a gas stove, or in a nonstick pan until warm and lightly toasted.
- Layer on the roasted vegetables, sauce, fresh cilantro, radishes, toasted almonds and squeeze fresh lime juice on top. Enjoy!