If you are a fan of peanut butter and chocolate, and need a clean option for a dessert, then this is for you. These Chunky Monkey Frozen Yogurt Cups are gluten free, and diary free.
I am a lover of all things peanut butter and chocolate. I am also a lover of ice cream, so it is only natural that I created a healthy version of a classic chunky monkey dessert. For this recipe I kept it dairy free and used Forager vanilla yogurt, but Kite Hill is another good alternative. If you are not sensitive to dairy, then a basic yogurt will do just fine, just be sure to use plain or vanilla so the flavors blend well.
I fried the banana in coconut oil with some cinnamon on top for a little something extra. For the granola, I recommend a gluten free option such as Purely Elizabeth which is exceptional. These yogurt cups are super easy to make, and they keep nicely in the freezer for up to 1 month in an airtight container. Before you plan on serving them I would let them thaw for about 5 minutes so they are easier to eat with a fork or spoon. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do. They are a simple and clean dessert that won’t leave you feeling stuffed to the brim after a nice meal.
Chunky Monkey Frozen Yogurt Cups
Cinnamon Fried Bananas
- 1 whole banana, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup dairy free yogurt*
- 3/4 cup gluten free granola*
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks*
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil over medium heat in a nonstick pan. Arrange the banana slices on the pan with space inbetween each. Sprinkle the cinnamon top.
- Flip the bananas until slightly fried and golden brown, remove from heat, and put them aside to cool while you prepare the yogurt cups.
- Combine the yogurt and granola in a small bowl
- Fill a muffin tin 3/4 full with the yogurt and granola mixture. You should get 7 cups.
- Place the banana slices ontop of the yogurt, about 3 slices per cup
- Melt the chocolate and 1 tsp of coconut oil in a microwave safe dish, while stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate and peanut butter over each cup until evenly coated.
- Place the muffin tin in the freezer for about 2-3 hours until completely hardened.
- Run a butter knife under warm water, and gently use it to remove each yogurt cup by gliding the knife around the rim
- Store the yogurt cups in an airtight container with parchment paper separating the layers. These will stay good for up to 1 month (if they last that long).
- To serve allow to thaw for 5 minutes before eating.
- For Paleo approved chocolate chunks Hu Gems is a great brand
- For dairy free yogurt I recommend Kite Hill or Forager
- Purely Elizabeth is a great gluten free and paleo certified granola product