I love mushroom tacos. This is a fabulous recipe to keep on hand for a delicious taco night that has a vegetable flare. This recipe is gluten free and Paleo friendly.
My favorite local restaurant has the best mushroom tacos. I recreated these to be dairy free and gluten free for a nice taco night in. This is a great recipe that is more veggie based than the traditional beef taco. These are simple and light with a dynamic twist if you add my chimichurri sauce on top.
I used Siete almond flour tortillas for the base, and I grabbed a rotisserie chicken to keep things easy breezy. For the mushrooms, I sautéed portobellos, poblanos, and a sweet onion in a skillet with avocado oil over medium heat. Once the mushrooms were done I layered them on top of the chicken, and topped with some of my chimichurri sauce, cilantro and guacamole.
Mushroom & Chicken Tacos
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 5 oz package portobello mushrooms
- 2 poblano peppers, sliced thin
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- sprinkle of sea salt
- 6 grain-free tortillas (Siete brand is Paleo)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 lime, zested
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Add all of the sauce ingredients into a bowl and set aside
- Heat the avocado oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add the mushrooms, peppers and onions, and season with sea salt
- Sauté the vegetables until tender
- Layer the chicken vegetables and chimichurri sauce, and top with cilantro and optional dairy free sour cream.