Burger nights are on a regular rotation in my house. My sons love them, and my husband is a master on the grill. These Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers are Keto friendly and grain free. They are easy to make for a good grill night in!
Burgers in general are a weekly must have at my house. My family loves them, especially my son Shane. He loves a classic cheeseburger, plain, no ketchup. Never put ketchup on Shane’s burgers. My husband and I change up the meat, fillings and toppings to keep things interesting week to week.
This recipe is easy to make for a dinner, and then use the leftovers for lunches throughout the week. These Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers are a great addition to any salad or for a traditional burger with some roasted veggies and fries on the side. My husband will have these on a brioche or an Ezekiel bun. I tend to wrap these in lettuce or put them on a salad. My dear friend Faith actually turned me onto putting spinach and feta into burgers. I have to say I was a little weary about putting feta inside, but oh my goodness it tastes out of this world.
Spinach & Feta Turkey Burgers
- 2 pounds of ground turkey
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Optional toppings: sliced tomato, avocado, avocado mayo
- Lightly sauté the spinach over medium heat until wilted
- Add the spinach, roasted red peppers, feta cheese and seasonings into a bowl and mix
- Add in the ground turkey and mix with a fork until combined
- Form 8 burgers (about 1/2 cup of the mixture each)
- Grill the burgers for about 15 minutes while flipping half way through and cook until they are no longer pink in the middle
- Serve with bib lettuce, a grain free bun, or over a bed of mixed greens for a salad. You can top with some sliced tomato, avocado, avocado mayo and/or red onion