This is a refreshing after dinner treat that combines the heavenly flavors of mint and chocolate! Enjoy a clean and easy dessert that will satisfy the sweet tooth in all of us.
My son Shane and I love mint flavored desserts. He caught onto me a few years ago when I would order mint chocolate ice cream, because I knew my husband would not be tempted to start dipping into my dish. Now, I have my son Shane as a built in diet plan, because he will forever be reaching into my dish. Those little hands are so cute though, so how I could I even be mad about it?
I use Theo mint chocolate bars for this dessert, but any of your favorite mint chocolate will do. For the batter I use either almond or peanut butter, but to be honest the almond butter works best because the nutty flavor of the almond is more subtle. These may seem a bit dry as you are working the dough, but it will come together don’t worry. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
Mint Brownie Bites
Makes 10 Bites
- 1/2 c almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp canned coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 c almond flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1/4 c chopped mint chocolate (I used Theo brand)
- Optional: sprinkle with coarse sea salt
- Combine the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut cream and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl
- Add in the almond flour, cocoa powder, and chopped mint chocolate
- Mix until well combined
- Scoop out generous spoonfuls and roll into balls
- Optional: garnish with some coarse sea salt for some salty flare
- Store these in the fridge for up to 1 week in an airtight container or in the freezer for up to 3 months.