If you are looking for a midday snack with some protein and chocolate flavored goodness then look no further than these delicious Salted Chocolate Pecan Protein Bites. These are gluten free and dairy free.
I make these bites for my husband and me for a midday pick me up or a post workout snack. They are packed with protein and healthy fats to keep us energized, so we can keep up with our daily demands of work and parenting. I will pack these when we are going on a hike, or in our lunches if we need a bridge snack between meals.
These keep nicely in the fridge for 1 week. The dough consistency will vary depending on the size of the protein scoop you use. So, if the dough seems a bite dry you can slowly add 1 tsp at a time of unsweetened almond milk to reach your desired consistency. For this recipe I used Tone It Up chocolate protein for your reference. You can find the link for the protein on my Shop page.
I used Hu Chocolate Chunks, and then I chopped them up into smaller pieces. The pecans I also chopped a bit smaller as well, but they add a good texture so you don’t want to overdo it with the chopping. For the almond butter, pick a brand that does not have added sugars or unnecessary ingredients. I used the organic Whole Foods brand, which the only ingredient is almonds. The other ingredients needed are gluten free oats, maple syrup, salt and vanilla extract. The directions are below. Enjoy my friends!
Salted Chocolate Pecan Protein Bites
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder (I used Tone It Up brand)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks (I used Hu brand)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all the ingredients into a mixing bowl, and mix until it is well combined.
- Use a cookie scooper or a spoon to scoop out spoonfuls and roll into balls
- Note: if the mixture is too dry due to the size of your protein scoops then you can add tsps at a time of unsweetened almond milk until it is smooth enough to work into balls
- Store these Bites in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week