I am loving the feels of raspberry and lemon in this Bites recipe. This is the perfect blend of citrus from the lemon and the subtle sweetness from the raspberry jam inside. This recipe is light and delicious for a snack or a healthy dessert to bring to a brunch or dinner party. They are gluten, dairy and grain free.
I have been loving all things lemon as the Spring season is upon us. The sun is shining brighter, and nature is in bloom. I am enjoying seeing nature turn greener by the day over here in the North East. Naturally, this beautiful weather is inspiring me to create more and more recipes.
These Bites take minimal time and effort, but taste like a million dollars. The ingredients you need are almond flour, coconut flour, poppyseeds, salt, maple syrup, lemon, coconut oil, and raspberry jam. The raspberry jam I used was Santa Cruz organic seedless red raspberry fruit spread, which I found at Whole Foods. The directions are below. These stay good in the fridge for up to 1 week in an airtight container, or you could freeze them for up to 3 months. I hope you enjoy these. Leave a comment below if you make them and want to share!
Raspberry Lemon Poppyseed Bites
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp poppyseeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, room temperature softened (not melted)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- About 1/4 c of Raspberry Jam (I used Santa Cruz organic seedless raspberry fruit spread)
- Combine the almond and coconut flour, salt and poppyseeds in a bowl
- Combine the maple syrup, lemon zest, coconut oil, and lemon with a fork to cream the coconut oil into the mixture. You don’t want clumps of the oil.
- Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined
- Place the dough mixture and your jam of choice into the fridge for 10 minutes until the dough is firm
- I used a medium sized cookie scooper to get spoonfuls of the dough, but you can just take a standard spoonful as well
- Roll the scoop of dough into a ball and then gently flatten
- Place 1/4-1/2 tsp of raspberry jam into the center of the dough
- Gently fold the dough around the jam and roll back into a ball
- Repeat this process until the dough is gone. You should get about 16 Bites from this recipe
- Optional: you can roll these into shredded unsweetened coconut for some texture if desired
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 week, or you can freeze for 3 months and take them out as needed.