Look no further than my Salted Chocolate Smoothie if you are a fellow chocolate lover like myself. This smoothie hits both the sweet and salty craving while leaving you ready to conquer the day ahead. This smoothie is gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo friendly.
I love anything chocolate, so I have to admit that I am partial to chocolate protein powders. I use Primal Kitchen Chocolate Coconut Collagen Fuel as a Paleo friendly option. I start every morning with a smoothie or smoothie bowl. I personally feel a smoothie is a light but filling way to start the day. As long as you follow the basic chemistry developed by Kelly LeVeque with her Fab 4 method they will leave you feeling satisfied until lunch.
For this smoothie I used unsweetened almond milk as the liquid base, and then tossed in a scoop of chocolate protein powder. This protein is linked on my shop page. I also used frozen cauliflower rice, almond butter, ground flax seed, and half of a medium sized banana. My favorite smoothie toppers are cacao nibs and hemp seeds, but for this recipe I also sprinkled 1/8 of a tsp of sea salt on top for a little something extra.
Salted Chocolate Protein Smoothie
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (Paleo friendly, Primal Kitchen is a good brand)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- Toppings: 1 tsp cacao nibs, 1 tsp hemp seeds, 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Blend all but the toppings in a high speed blender. Top with the suggested toppings, but feel free to drizzle some more almond butter onto as well.