If you are craving a quick and easy antipasto salad for when you’re wanting something Italian then you will appreciate this dish. You can dig into this for lunch, dinner, or multiply the recipe for a crowd pleasing appetizer.
I am always on the hunt for an easy but satisfying lunch recipe. This salad is easy to make the night before work or to be meal prepped on a Sunday. Sometimes I’ll make this to serve as a side to burgers or grilled chicken. The day this picture was taken I served it alongside my Sun-dried Tomato Turkey Burgers.
My husband’s family is from Italy, and at most family gatherings there is sure to be some kind of antipasto salad present. Typically, the salad goes alongside a plate of Aunt Glory’s meatballs or my husband’s perfectly made chicken cutlets. You should always eat light the day of an Arduini family party.
For this salad I can’t recommend Primal Kitchen’s Italian dressing enough. Pretty much everything Primal Kitchen creates is out of this world, and this dressing is no different. For the artichokes, I love the Whole Food’s marinated variety, but any kind is great here. The roasted red peppers is also a great touch with a soft texture to counteract the crunchy organic bell pepper.
The star of the show is the salami. For this you want to pick a quality meat that is free of nitrates and fillers. My favorite brands is Applegate which is Whole 30 compliant. To avoid cracking teeth I would get pitted green olives. If you are keto then I would throw some fresh mozzarella on top to really elevate the Italian vibe happening here.
Classic Antipasto Salad
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 4 slices of salami, chopped
- 1/4 cup of jarred roasted red peppers
- 6 pitted green olives
- 4 pieces of artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons of Primal Kitchen’s Italian Dressing
- *Optional to top with freshly cut mozzarella as long as you aren’t following a strict paleo or Whole 30 diet
- Pile in the greens and top with the remaining ingredients. I am a fan of a pre-tossed salad, so I will gently toss and serve to ensure a coating of dressing is in every delicious bite!