I personally feel there is no greater combination than peanut butter and chocolate. These cookies offer a light, soft baked chocolate chip cookie flavor with a touch of peanut butter. They are gluten, dairy, and grain free. Make these and they will disappear quickly as it will be hard to eat just one.
I love an easy recipe with minimal steps and fuss. To make these you just need one bowl and a few ingredients you most likely already have laying around your pantry. My children love these. The other night Shane crumbled them on top of some vanilla ice cream and had himself a little feast. My little guy Sammy on the other hand prefers making an ice cream sandwich with them. My husband, well, he just throws them down the hatch and licks his fingers.
I hope you enjoy these lightly golden edged cookies with a soft and warm center. To elevate the flavors you can sprinkle some coarse sea salt on top for some salty and sweet action. They taste just like a classic chocolate chip cookie with a touch of peanut butter and a soft baked vibe. What I love most about this recipe and my Soft Baked Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is that they keep good in the fridge or freezer and they still remain soft. If you put them in the freezer place parchment paper between the layers or freeze them with ice cream in between two cookies for ready to go ice cream sandwiches.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 12 cookies
- 1 1/4 c almond flour
- 1/4 c coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c coconut sugar
- 1/4 c coconut oil (not melted)
- 1/4 c peanut butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Add the peanut butter, coconut oil and sugar into a medium sized bowl and mix until well combined and creamed
- Add in the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips and mix thoroughly
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Scoop out 12 generous spoonfuls and place them onto the cookie sheet. Note that these won’t spread much.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown
- While they cool you can transfer the cookies on the parchment paper onto a wire cooling rack. You can sprinkle sea salt onto them if desired.