I love adding collagen into anything I can. The benefits of collagen are just too good to resist. These Birthday Cake Collagen Bites are the perfect snack on the go or as a sweet treat when you need a pick me up. These are dairy free, gluten-free, palo and Keto friendly.
I thoroughly enjoy an easy recipe that I can keep stocked in my house for a grab and go type of deal. Weekday mornings and afternoons are pretty busy over here, and sometimes I just don’t have the time to sit and prepare the perfectly pictured Pinterest worthy snack. Enter, Birthday Cake Collagen Bites.
Like my other bite recipes, you toss everything into one bowl and mix thoroughly. I save combining the sprinkles until the end and gently fold them in. Then scoop out spoonfuls to form into about 9 bites. I store them in an airtight container in my fridge for up to 1 week, but between my husband and I they don’t make it past Wednesday or Thursday.
I typically use unflavored collagen by Primal Kitchen, because it just makes adding it into my coffee, tea, or baked goods much easier. For this recipe I used Primal Kitchen Vanilla Coconut Collagen Fuel. Vital Proteins and Ancient Nutrition are other clean and trusted brands for collagen products. I have seen such an improvement in my skin and nails since using collagen, and I have been a loyal fan for about 2 years now. I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!
Birthday Cake Collagen Bits
Makes 9 Bites
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 scoop of collagen (I recommend Primal Kitchen Vanilla Coconut Collagen Fuel)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp of nut milk of your choice ( you may add more if you prefer a creamier bite)
- Sprinkles to your preference
- Toss everything into a mixing bowl (except for the sprinkles) and mix until well combined
- Fold in the sprinkles (I used a generous tablespoon worth)
- Scoop out generous spoonfuls and roll into about 9 bites
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the fridge