Yep, I am a smoothie kind of gal. This smoothie bowl is a great twist to the traditional cup of smoothie that was likely whipped up on the go before dashing out the door for work or school drop offs. This recipe is gluten free, dairy free and paleo friendly. If you want all of the amazing benefits of matcha green tea and a sweet taste of pistachio, then you will definitely want to try this beauty out!Jump to Recipe
Matcha is a form of powdered green tea that you have likely heard about a million times. Matcha itself embodies an abundant amount of nutrients. There are a ton of amazing benefits from having matcha, and there are many different ways you can prepare it. You can serve it warm as a traditional cup of tea, blend it into a smoothie, or use it in baked goods. The options are limitless! Regardless of how you consume it you will be sure to reap the benefits of this vibrant and flavorful tea.
- protection against certain types of cancers
- aides in muscle recovery from intense workouts, in addition to amping up your fat-burning process
- reduces the risk for heart disease due to the high amount of antioxidants
- detoxifies your body while aiding in the elimination of unwanted toxins in your body
Matcha does contain caffeine as it is a form of green tea, but it is not as intense as a cup of coffee. So, it is somewhere in-between. If you are sensitive to caffeine I would probably skip the morning cup of coffee and just have this bowl. I am a survivor of a rare heart condition called Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome, and although I have had a successful heart surgery I remain mindful of the stimulants I consume such as tea and coffee.
In this recipe I used pistachio milk, but you can sub it with whatever nut milk you prefer. I personally love Three Tree’s brand, which can be found at stores such as Whole Foods. For the protein source I used 2 scoops of Primal Kitchen’s Vanilla Coconut Collagen Fuel. The recommended amount of protein per meal is typically 20 grams for women and 30 grams for men. For the Match powder I use Whole Food’s brand, which is affordable for about $14 per package. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!
Morning Matcha Smoothie Bowl
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 1/4 cup pistachio milk
- 1/2 medium frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen, organic spinach
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- hemp seeds, unsweetened coconut flakes, berries, sliced banana, chia seeds
- Blend all of the ingredients together in a high speed blender until smooth, and pour into a bowl. Sprinkle your desired toppings on top and enjoy!