I believe eating healthy is all about balance, and I can never resist a soft baked chocolate chip cookie. These cookies are gluten-free, paleo friendly, and super moist with soft baked magic in every bite! The best part, you can make these in 15 minutes beginning to end.
These Soft Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies are a perfect gluten-free and Paleo friendly dessert. All of the ingredients are simple and clean, so you can enjoy them with peace of mind. Everyone in my house has a bit of a sweet tooth, so I always try to keep these up my sleeve for a little treat. I will usually double the batch and then freeze them for up to 3 months, but I have to be honest they don’t last that long. When we want them I’ll simply take them out of the freezer and let them sit while we eat dinner and I’ll serve them alongside ice cream. Another twist is if you let them cool completely you can make your own ice cream sandwiches by scooping ice cream in-between two cookies and gently pressing down. I will store them in an air tight container separated by parchment paper and eat those as is whenever.
I love that these cookies use coconut oil as it has so many great benefits. When you are shopping for coconut oil you want to look for “virgin coconut oil” as it is least refined and has a nutty/sweet flavor versus “refined coconut oil” which goes through a bleaching and deodorizing process.
When shopping for chocolate chips you want to be mindful of the ingredients inside of those as well. Paleo friendly brands include Thrive Market, Hu, and Enjoy Life. If you are not strict Paleo then any brand you favor and tolerate will work just fine.
Soft Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 1 dozen
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c. compliant chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together the coconut oil and egg
- Add the coconut sugar, honey and vanilla into the mixer
- Add in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, sea salt and mix until well combined
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Scoop out a generous tablespoon of the dough and place onto a nonstick cookie sheet and repeat until 12 cookies are formed
- Gently press down the cookies with a fork or spoon to lightly flatten to 1/2 inch thick
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes or until golden brown
- Let the cookies cool completely before storing. While they are cooling I will lightly sprinkle sea salt on top to get more of a sweet and salty vibe.