Do you need an alternative to your morning cup of coffee, or do you want a little cup of sunshine in the afternoon for a little pick me up? Then, this smoothie is for you!
Collagen has so many great benefits, and incorporating this simple yet nutritionally dynamic ingredient into your routine will help your skin glow radiantly!
So, what is collagen? You have probably heard of and seen collagen everywhere as it seems to be all the craze. Dr. Axe (a functional medicine doctor) refers to collagen as the “glue” that helps hold your body together. Collagen is a natural protein that is found in our bodies, however as we age our collagen production decreases. Having quality sources of collagen in your diet has so many amazing benefits, which you will be sure to see with consistent use.
I personally started putting a scoop of unflavored collagen into my morning cup of coffee and smoothies when I started to notice postpartum hair loss after the birth of my second son. With consistent use not only did the baby hairs start to grow back, but my hair and nails were healthier and stronger than ever!
Here are some of the many benefits of using collagen:
- Promotes hair, skin, nail, bone and joint health
- Assists with stimulating your body’s own collagen production, which naturally decreases with age
- Reduces joint pain
- Soothes leaky gut symptoms
- Boosts metabolism and energy output
This smoothie is so simple. All you have to do is measure and toss everything into a blender, turn it on, and drink it up! Simplicity is key to all things in my book. I use a Nutri Ninja, so I will typically grab the medium sized blender cup and add a bit of water to up my fluid intake. I try to consume quite a bit of water throughout my day, and my morning smoothies are an easy way to sneak more in.
Glowing Citrus Collagen Smoothie
- 1 scoop of Primal Kitchen Vanilla Coconut Collagen Fuel
- 1 scoop of Vital Protein’s Morning Get Up & Glow
- 1/2 of a frozen banana
- 1/2 cup of frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1.5 cups of unsweetened coconut milk
- Filtered water to your liking to reach your desired consistency
- Toss all of the ingredients into a high speed blender or blender cup and blend into well combined. Add filtered water in to reach your desired consistency!
- Tip: You can make this the night before and store it in an airtight mason jar so you can grab and go in the morning. Just give it a shake as it will naturally separate, and drink it up!